Dawe & Christopherson LLP represents banks and other financial services companies in litigation across a wide range of retail, consumer and commercial banking disputes. Our clients include federal and state-chartered financial institutions, hard money lenders, servicers in the mortgage and auto sectors, and captive lenders financing goods and equipment.
Well-versed in various state and federal banking laws and regulations, Dean Christopherson works to help his clients mitigate risk and prosecute and defend claims arising out of many types of consumer and commercial banking and lending disputes. Contact our office today to arrange a consultation.
Our Firm Represents Banking Clients in California, Washington, and Around the Country
At Dawe & Christopherson LLP, we represent both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of complex commercial litigation, dispute resolution, and regulatory matters, including:
- Disputes regarding mortgage or home equity products
- Claims arising from dealer originated auto financing
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) violations
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and other improper collection practices claims
- Disputes regarding safe deposit boxes
- Claims regarding checks improperly paid over forged maker signatures or forged indorsements
- Disputes regarding customer’s “faithless bookkeepers” (embezzlement)
- General contract and business tort litigation
- Lender liability claims
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) claims
- Real estate foreclosures and disputes (commercial and residential)
- Truth-in-Lending claims
- Unfair or deceptive acts or practices
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) disputes
We represent banks and financial institutions in state, federal, and appellate courts, as well as in arbitration proceedings.
Why Choose Us?
We have comprehensive knowledge of the banking industry’s legal landscape and provide our clients with practical insight into this rapidly evolving environment in which they operate. Dean Christopherson has firsthand experience in the banking sector, serving as in-house counsel to Wells Fargo Bank early in his career, and continuing to represent Wells Fargo and other lenders for decades.
We leverage our knowledge of bank operations and the associated litigation risks to provide our clients with informed and efficient representation. Our attorneys understand the importance of effective case management and budgeting and have developed reporting processes that provide access to timely, accurate, and detailed information. We are experienced with state-of-the-art courtroom technology and e-discovery tools to collect, preserve, and present evidence underlying banking litigation.
We have a proven track record of success in arbitration and court proceedings and work to resolve disputes expediently and mitigate reputational risk. Beyond that, with his extensive experience as a mediator, Dean Christopherson is always searching for settlement opportunities to minimize fees and exposure to his clients.
Contact Our Experienced Banking Litigation Attorneys
Today’s changing banking world makes having trustworthy advice and counsel essential. Toward that end, we are prepared to go the distance and work strategically to protect your interests. Contact our office today to learn how we can help.